Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hallmark Presentation

     Ive learned that hallmark is the largest greeting card company in the world, its family owned and has over 14600 employees worldwide. I was so shocked to hear that the annual sales were 4.2 billion dollars, that is absolutely amazing. I learned that they have 6 presses:2 seven color, 2 six color, and 2 five color presses. They use medium web ( 26"-48" web), I learned that they improved, water based inks, infrared driers, lean manufacturing and defect detection. I also learned that Hallmark is actually 6 months ahead, right now they are doing Christmas cards but they wont be sent to production until June. It takes 6-9 months to actually create something to put on the shelf.
     Hallmark seems to me a very organized place to work, going to this presentation makes me think maybe I will try and find a place in hallmark that will fit what I like to do. I love photography so I am now thinking maybe looking into Hallmark, I am defiantly glad I went to this presentation. I didn't realize how much Hallmark did. Hallmark has to put a lot of effort and thinking process to build a fantastic card there is a lot more to it than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment